What is the OpenEduCat?
- As OpenEduCat is a comprehensive Open Source ERP solution
for Educational institutes, it’s NOT JUST a student
management system, but a complete package for serving
different facets of school management. It is made with
enterprise-grade ERP system tried and tested for a number of
businesses -- now ready to serve educational institutes.
Who is the maker of OpenEduCat?
- OpenEduCat is preliminary developed by Tech Receptives, a
company fully focused on Open Source ERP solutions for
businesses. Tech Receptives has already proven their talent
by building and delivering complex ERP solutions for
businesses. OpenEduCat is completely Open Source, which
enables anyone to contribute to the platform. Until now,
there are many contributions to the platform by contributors
around the world.
What is the license cost of OpenEduCat?
- OpenEduCat is a complete Open Source application following
LGPL-3 and does not attract any licensing cost for the
Will I get the source code of OpenEduCat?
- Yes, OpenEduCat source code is available to everyone. There
is no need to make any purchases, contract or agreement to
get the source code. You can just download it from
I want someone to help me with OpenEduCat
installation and configuration. Who can help me?
- You can opt for one of our support packages, mentioned here
or you can contact our sales here. They’ll assign a right
partner for your project and take the project forward to
OpenEduCat will run on which platform?
- OpenEduCat is a platform-independent system, which means
that it can run on Linux, Windows and any higher version of
What is the technology that are used in
- What is the technology that are used in OpenEduCat?
- Python and PostgreSQL, both are free from any licensing
terms, which makes them a perfect contender for building the
How the pricing for OpenEduCat Enterprise is
calculated ? is it one time or one year ?
- OpenEduCat pricing is one time payment for one instance for
one version. There is no user based pricing. You pay only
for the modules that you select.
- There is no annual or renewals fees for OpenEduCat
What are the payment terms for OpenEduCat
- You need to make 100% advance payment for the OpenEduCat
Enterprise and you’ll be receiving modules after
confirmation of the payment. You can opt for paying online
via PayPal or Wire Transfer.
What is the support policy ?
- Bug fixes for the core modules are free for the period of 2
years. You can always opt for support packages later on in
case if you need extra help.
Which License does OpenEduCat Enterprise follows ?
- OpenEduCat Enterprise is licensed under OEPL-1. Single
purchase of OpenEduCat Enterprise is valid and supported for
single instance. To install OpenEduCat Enterprise on more
than one system you have to purchase additional license.
What if I require only few modules instead of the
- OpenEduCat Enterprise is flexible in pricing and you pay for
the modules that you buy.
Can you customise various modules?
- Code of OpenEduCat Enterprise is open and you can develop it
further or create modules depending on that with license of
There are some features which are not according to
my country’s educational system standard, what should I do?
- Every country has different educational structure and
standards that make them unique. At OpenEduCat, we
understand the diversity and offers our customers the
service to take it further with our support team. Our
support team will understand your requirements and guide you
in the right direction.
I have an idea that can improve the OpenEduCat
application? Whom to contact and How to approach the situation?
- Being Open Source, our main motive is to improve the
application through suggestions from our customers and
developers, who are interested in our platform. We welcome
all the suggestion and invite you to invest in our platform
through the GitHub platform.
What is OpenEduCat ? and how it is different from
- OpenEduCat is comprehensive Open Source ERP solution which
is based on the Odoo. Hence, you can easily leverage all the
features and functionality provided by Odoo.
Is OpenEduCat a fork of Odoo?
- No, OpenEduCat is not at all a “fork” of Odoo. We love Odoo
and we want to keep features and functionalities “based” on
it. Technically, OpenEduCat is set of modules working
together over Odoo.
Are other Odoo modules usable with OpenEduCat?
- Yes, it is possible to use any other community or enterprise
module with OpenEduCat. This is to make OpenEduCat as
extensive as possible.
Can we use OpenEduCat with Odoo Enterprise?
- Yes, you can use OpenEduCat with Odoo Enterprise.
Is there any Enterprise version of OpenEduCat?
- No, there is only one version of OpenEduCat, which is
community version 7.
How does OpenEduCat makes money?
- OpenEduCat is developed and funded by Tech Receptives. We
sell different types of services over the platform, such as
installation, maintenance, customization, migration, etc.