- As OpenEduCat is a comprehensive Open Source ERP solution for Educational institutes, it’s NOT JUST a student management system, but a complete package for serving different facets of school management. It is made with enterprise-grade ERP system tried and tested for a number of businesses -- now ready to serve educational institutes.
- OpenEduCat is preliminary developed by Tech Receptives, a company fully focused on Open Source ERP solutions for businesses. Tech Receptives has already proven their talent by building and delivering complex ERP solutions for businesses. OpenEduCat is completely Open Source, which enables anyone to contribute to the platform. Until now, there are many contributions to the platform by contributors around the world.
- OpenEduCat is a complete Open Source application following LGPL-3 and does not attract any licensing cost for the product.
- Yes, OpenEduCat source code is available to everyone. There is no need to make any purchases, contract or agreement to get the source code. You can just download it from GitHub OpenEducat
- You can opt for one of our support packages, mentioned here or you can contact our sales here. They’ll assign a right partner for your project and take the project forward to success.
- OpenEduCat is a platform-independent system, which means that it can run on Linux, Windows and any higher version of CentOS.
- Python and PostgreSQL, both are free from any licensing terms, which makes them a perfect contender for building the application.
- OpenEduCat pricing is one time payment for one instance for one version. There is no user based pricing. You pay only for the modules that you select.
- There is no annual or renewals fees for OpenEduCat Enterprise.
- You need to make 100% advance payment for the OpenEduCat Enterprise and you’ll be receiving modules after confirmation of the payment. You can opt for paying online via PayPal or Wire Transfer.
- Bug fixes for the core modules are free for the period of 2 years. You can always opt for support packages later on in case if you need extra help.
- OpenEduCat Enterprise is licensed under OEPL-1. Single purchase of OpenEduCat Enterprise is valid and supported for single instance. To install OpenEduCat Enterprise on more than one system you have to purchase additional license.
- OpenEduCat Enterprise is flexible in pricing and you pay for the modules that you buy.
- Code of OpenEduCat Enterprise is open and you can develop it further or create modules depending on that with license of your choice.
There are some features which are not according to my country’s educational system standard, what should I do?
- Every country has different educational structure and standards that make them unique. At OpenEduCat, we understand the diversity and offers our customers the service to take it further with our support team. Our support team will understand your requirements and guide you in the right direction.
I have an idea that can improve the OpenEduCat application? Whom to contact and How to approach the situation?
- Being Open Source, our main motive is to improve the application through suggestions from our customers and developers, who are interested in our platform. We welcome all the suggestion and invite you to invest in our platform through the GitHub platform.
- OpenEduCat is comprehensive Open Source ERP solution which is based on the Odoo. Hence, you can easily leverage all the features and functionality provided by Odoo.
- No, OpenEduCat is not at all a “fork” of Odoo. We love Odoo and we want to keep features and functionalities “based” on it. Technically, OpenEduCat is set of modules working together over Odoo.
- Yes, it is possible to use any other community or enterprise module with OpenEduCat. This is to make OpenEduCat as extensive as possible.
- Yes, you can use OpenEduCat with Odoo Enterprise.
- No, there is only one version of OpenEduCat, which is community version 7.
- OpenEduCat is developed and funded by Tech Receptives. We sell different types of services over the platform, such as installation, maintenance, customization, migration, etc.