ERP solutions are taking the world with the storm. Automation is necessary and institutions are also coming in the radar of the automation process. Popular Education ERP software solution such as OpenEduCat are coming to the scene. But, what makes you choose one and what are the factors you need to make sure about before choosing the Education ERP software.
This small guide will help you get the most out of your ERP solution. There are many businesses/institutes that fail to understand the importance of the selection guide and regret it later, spending more time and resource to revamp it later. With this guide, you can make a smart choice and hence improve your chances of success in the future.
So without wasting much time, let's get started.
1. Clear Objectives/Self-Assessment: The first major step in selecting the right ERP for your institution is to understand the needs. Without a clear understanding, there are chances that you can take the wrong decision. The best way to approach to quality objective and be crystal clear is to set up a team of teachers, experts and ERP consultants that can help you gain insight into the whole process and help the institute to come up with a clear objective with future concerns and other aspects embedded. The process is interactive and the institute should take sufficient time in coming up with a clear objective.
2. Scan the market: Market holds the key. The line in itself tells you what you need to do. After doing self-assessment, it is necessary to study the market and list the best ERP software system that are eligible and are in line with the objectives of the institution. A good market research will let the institution understand how well their objectives match with the current market and how can they improve them,
3. Short List the information: After gathering all the best ERP solution in the market, it is always a good idea to shortlist and come up with a handful of choices. Now, it is a good time to catch up with the individual ERP software solution provider and understand what they offer and which one fits you better. By checking the different ERP solution in the market, you will be able to gather the strengths and weaknesses of the shortlisted ERP solution provider and then move forward with this information.
4. Request of the proposal: Get a proposal from each of the selected ERP solution providers. The proposal contains vital information and that can lead to better decision making on the institution's part. Also, it would be much better if you gain more information about the ERP vendors from the market. The internet is a great source and the research team should research thoroughly and get both the good and bad side of the ERP solution provider and the ERP software they are going to use. After a thorough the research now is the good time to build the finalist list, to whom the institute will call for a demonstration. The demonstration from the competitors will enable you to get a better understanding of the ERP software functions.
5. Consider Cost of Implementation/Maintenance and other related costs: ERP is costly and there are many cost that comes along with an ERP implementation. Some of the costs that are associated with any ERP are training, maintenance, up-gradation and others. For many institutes, the cost might not be a factor, but it is always a good idea to understand the implications in the near future. The future is full of uncertainties and having a budget for the ERP software is always a good idea, even for the elite institutes that are ready to shell out huge money. There are many other critical factors that any institute should look for. For example, implementation, after-sale-support(free or paid), flexibility and adaptability.
6. Return on Investment: ERP is great, but only if the institute is able to grab it with both hands. ROI is one of the most important factors that any institution should look at. With correct implementation, productivity and other gains are obvious and the institute will benefit greatly, both from the aspect of the productivity and also ROI.
Getting an ERP software for the institute is a great step for any current schools and colleges. Automation is the key here and the institute should take the above six steps for proper implementation.